Measuring out the detergent
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Good results from your dishwasher depend on the correct type and amount of detergent being used (along with rinse-aid and dishwasher salt). Using more than the recommended amounts does not mean you will get a more effective wash and you may increase the risk of environmental pollution.
Always check the user manual for any recommendations on your specific dishwasher but the steps below will give you some general guidance.
- 1. Depending on how dirty your items to be washed are, the amount of detergent can be adjusted whether you are using using powder or liquid detergent.
- In the case of normally soiled items, use approximately either 35g of powder detergent or 35ml of liquid detergent. If you are using tablets, one tablet will be enough.
- If the crockery is only a little dirty, or it has been rinsed with water before going in the dishwasher, reduce the amount of detergent.
- To get the best washing results, follow any instructions supplied by the detergent manufacturer (or contact the detergent manufacturer to ask for further advice).
- 2. Open the detergent dispensing compartment (normally inside the dishwasherʼs door) and place or pour-in the correct amount of detergent, following recommendations from the detergent manufacturer and in the user manual for your dishwasher.
Wipe any detergent residue from the edges of the detergent dispensing compartment and close the cover until it clicks shut.
The detergent dispenser will open automatically at the correct time during the washing cycle.
- 3. If you are using all-in-one detergent tablets or pods, your dishwasher may have a special programme-setting for these; check your user manual for details.
Make sure that you only use detergent which has been specifically designed for dishwashers and never use normal washing up liquid.
If you use too much detergent, it can result in a foam residue staying in your dishwasher after the washing cycle has finished.
- If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).