Loading your washing machine and drum care
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
The life and efficiency of your washing machine can be greatly improved by the correct loading of the washing and good maintenance of your appliance. For more information on loading your washing, see the “Loading to the machine capacity” topic.
The steps below will give you some general guidance, but always check your user manual for any specific recommendations for your appliance.
- Separate clothes before washing — simply loading it into your machine might feel like the easiest way to get the laundry done, but itʼs not the most efficient way to wash clothes.
- Loosen laundry before washing — a tightly bound bundle of laundry will not wash evenly and may still be dirty once the cycle has finished.
- Donʼt overload your machine — because of their size, some items will never be suitable for a washing machine, so try to avoid washing extremely large items such as duvets and blankets. Even if you have a 10kg-capacity machine, there may not be enough space for water and detergent to circulate, this can lead to dirty clothes after the cycle has finished. For more information, see the “Loading to the machine capacity” topic.
- Check the care labels — different types of fabrics need different wash cycles and some items of clothing cannot be washed at all.