Black or dark stains are being left on my washing
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
To achieve the perfect wash make sure you select the correct programme, and then add the recommended amount of detergent and conditioner or softener.
Take care not to overload your washing machine as this will produce poor wash results due to an inability of the appliance to effectively dissolve the detergent.
Check the user manual for the recommended details for your machine and for more information, see the “Loading to the machine capacity” topic.
- 1. This problem may be caused by liquid hand wash or other toiletry products such as hair preparations or mousses. Many of these products contain an emulsion, which can be transferred on to garments and towels when drying your hands. This emulsion when washed can act like a glue and attracts dirt and loose dyes from other garments. Then at the end of the wash cycle, clothes have dark patches left on them. These may look worse when you hold the garments up to the light.Make sure that all soap is rinsed off hands and hair thoroughly before using a towel.
- 2. Try re-washing the garments, checking that the washing machine is set to the correct programme and ensuring that an adequate amount of detergent is used.
- 3. Check to make sure that an ‘economy’ or ‘quick wash’ option (if available) is not being used on heavily soiled items. You may also find that heavily soiled items need a pre-wash cycle beforehand to ensure maximum freshness and the best wash results.
- 4. Ensure that you select the correct wash programme in line with the wash care label of the items. Refer to the user manual for wash programmes and see the “Laundry care symbols” topic for more information.
- If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.