Drainage (condenser dryers)
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Condenser dryers are able to extract the water from the clothes and store it in an internal tank which will need emptying. Alternatively, some models allow for a permanent connection to a drainage pipe.
Always check the user manual for precise details on your own appliance, but the steps below will give you some general advice.
- 1. The water taken from the clothes as they are dried collects in a water tank accessed from the front of the dryer, remove the tank by opening the drawer and sliding it out of the dryer.
- 2. Empty the tank down your sink, then replace the tank unit into the dryer.If a ‘water tank full’ warning was showing, this should now go off.
- 3. Condenser dryers may have a drain hose on the back which you will be able to connect to the waste pipes under the sink. Refer to the instruction manual for instruction on how to do this for your specific appliance.
Disconnect the pipe from the reservoir collector.
- 4. Connect the pipe to the waste pipe under the sink.