Connecting your dishwasher to the drain
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Check the user manual for any specific recommendation on your dishwasher, but the steps below will show you most of the drain connection options.
If you think there is a problem with the drainage from your dishwasher, please see the “My dishwasher wonʼt empty” topic.
- 1. Locate the open end of the water drain hose, this will usually be found attached on the back of the machine.
- 2. Your dishwasher may have been supplied with a U shaped wall bracket (or hose support crook) to help suspend the drain hose on a wall at the required height. If supplied, attach this to your drain hose before fixing it to the wall.
- 3. The drain hose needs to be elevated to a height of between 65cm and 100cm, this allows the waste water to drain properly.Check the exact details for the recommend height of the drain hose in the user manual for your appliance.
- 4. If you have a standpipe you are using to connect your drain pipe, push the drain hose down into the standpipe, making sure that it does not touch the bottom of the standpipe. If the drain hose touches the bottom, your machine may not drain waste water efficiently or it could cause the drain to leak or overflow.
- 5. If you are connecting it to an existing waste pipe (for example, an under-sink trap), connect the drain hose by pushing it firmly on to the waste pipe spigot (the small pipe connected to the sinkʼs drainage pipework).Before connecting the drain hose, ensure that any blanking plug or removable end has been taken off the existing waste pipe spigot.
- 6. If you do not have an existing waste pipe to connect your drain hose to it can be placed over the edge of a sink or basin using the hose support crook. Ensure that the open end of the drain hose does not become submerged under water and that the support crook is well secured to the edge of the sink or basin to prevent it shaking or falling off when water is being pumped out.