My food is burning
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Check for specific details on your appliance in the user manual, but the steps below will give you general guidance.
- 1. If you have recently installed a modern fan assisted oven after previously having a conventional oven, you may find your food is burning. Check all food packaging for recommended cooking times for your appliance type (so that for fan assisted ovens, you follow the fan assisted cooking instructions).
- 2. You could also try reducing cooking temperatures by about 25 degrees centigrade and cooking times by approximately 10 minutes in every hour.For more information on different cooking times and settings refer to the user manual.
- 3. To ensure a consistent cook, try to make sure all food is centralised in the oven and always placed upon a shelf. Avoid placing any food directly onto the bottom of the oven itself as this stops heat circulating correctly around the oven.
- If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.