Changing the bulb
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always make sure that your cooker or hob has completely cooled down before starting any maintenance or cleaning.
Here is some general guidance on how to change the bulb in your hood, check for specific details on your appliance in the user manual.
- 1. Ensure all mains power to the hood is switched off before cleaning.
- 2. Locate the light fitting. Some cooker hoods will have bulbs and these will be inside, you may have to remove the grease filters to access them. Those with halogen bulbs will be in a fitting on the outside.
- 3. For cooker hoods with bulbs:
- Remove the bulb by screwing it in an anticlockwise direction.
- Replace it with a new bulb of the same rating, screwing it back into the fitting in a clockwise direction.
- Put the grease filters back into place and close up the filter if you had to open it.
- 4. For cooker hoods with halogen bulbs:
Refer to the manual for more information.
- Locate the lamp fitting, this will either be a pull free or a twist free fitting.
- For lights with the pull free fitting, hold a soft cloth under the light fitting and prepare to catch the glass lens when you remove the restraining fitting. Take a small electrical screwdriver and prise the ring free from the cooker hood (the fitting and the glass will drop out into the cloth).
- For twist free fittings, twist the fitting until it and the lens are released from the hood.
- Pull the bulb out from the socket (try and pay attention to the orientation of the pins when the bulb comes out of the socket, it doesnʼt matter which pin is in which hole, but it will help when replacing the bulb if you can remember where the holes are, particularly if the bulb holder is at an awkward angle and difficult to see).
- Replace the bulb, locate the holes the pins fit into and push firmly into place.
- Either clip the cover or screw it back into position depending on the type of fitting.