There is no power to my washing machine
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
If your appliance has lost power and you know that there is not a general ‘power cut’, the steps below may help you find where the problem is before deciding that there is a problem with your appliance.
Always check the user manual for details of your specific appliance, but the steps below will give you some general guidance.
- 1. Confirm that there are no lights on the machine, on the display screen or buttons.
- 2. Check that you have electric power switched on to the machine at the socket and that another electrical appliance works properly in this socket.
- 3. Check plug and lead for damage.
- 4. Check that the Power or On/ Off button is switched on.
- 5. If your machines power is controlled by the Programme Dial knob (so that the machine only switches on when selecting a wash programme), try selecting a programme.
- 6. Take a fuse (Same rating: 13A) from something else that is working (for example a kettle or toaster). Insert this fuse into the plug and try again.
- If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.
If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).