Should I only wash at low temperatures?
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always check the user manual for details of your specific appliance, but the steps below will give you some general guidance.
- 1. Low temperature washing is good for saving energy but can cause long-term damage to the machine.
- 2. When washing constantly at low temperatures it can produce build up with body oils and dead skin cells, which in time can damage the rubber parts of a washing machine. This build-up can be observed by a stale smell in the machine or laundry and black mould around the door seal.
- 3. You can simply run a regular 90 degree maintenance wash whenever you wash towels or bedding to keep your machine fresh and free of such build up.Also see the “Maintaining the door seals” and “Performing maintenance washes” topics for further information.
- If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).