My washed clothes are too creased
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always check the user manual for details of your specific appliance, but the steps below will give you some general guidance.
- 1. Always load your washing machine within its limits:
Make sure you do not overload your washing machine with items to be washed. Check your user manual for the recommended amount and type of fabrics able to be washed and also see the “Loading to your machine capacity” topic for further information.
- 2. Always select the correct spin speed:
Make sure you select the correct spin speed for the amount and type of fabrics you have been washing. Consult any wash care symbols on clothes’ labels and select the correct wash and spin cycles as shown in your user manual. Also see the “Laundry care symbols” topic for further information.
- 3. The water temperature may be too high:
Make sure that the selected wash-cycle water temperature is suitable for the type of fabrics you are going to wash.
- 4. Make sure that you always select the correct wash cycle for the type of fabrics you are going to be washing:
On cotton wash cycles, the clothes are washed with a low water level and these programs use a vigorous washing method followed by a high-speed spin at the end. These factors can make some clothes become more creased, so try to use a more gentle wash cycle for clothes that seem to crease easily.
- 5. You should aim to remove your laundry from the washing machine as soon as the spinning has finished because clothes can become creased if they are left lying in the drum for a long time when the wash and spin cycle is fully complete.
- If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.
If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).