Loading to your machine capacity
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Your washing machine will give you best results if it is loaded correctly; overloading the machine may cause your washing to not be cleaned properly. Before loading the washing machine make sure that all pockets are emptied and buttons are not loose. For best results separate your washing so that coloured clothing is separate from whites and take notice of the Laundry Care symbols on each item (for detailed information see the “Laundry care symbols” topic). Check your user manual for the specific loading and weights guidance on your appliance.
- 1. Different types of clothing material may need to be put into your appliance in different volumes. For example, a typical 7kg machine may perform at its best if the following guideline weights are used:
- Durable fabrics — 7kg
- Synthetic fabrics — 3kg
- Delicate fabrics — 2kg
- Woollens — 1.5 kg
- 2. To help you judge approximate weights of your washing, typical items are:
- 1 sheet — 400 g to 500 g
- 1 pillow case — 150g to 200 g
- 1 tablecloth — 900 g to 1200 g
- 1 towel — 15 g to 250 g
You can also refer to this diagram for approximate loads and garment mixes.
- If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).