CATA — Catalytic cleaning
- Issue: CATA on the display indicates the Catalytic self-cleaning function should be performed.
- 1. Ovens with the self cleaning enamel coating on the inside, will need cleaning occasionally, this is indicated by CATA on the display.
These are the steps to clean a CATA oven:
- Remove the shelves from the oven compartment.
- Lubricate the sides, ceiling and back wall of the oven using warm water with a hand-wash. Scrub thoroughly using a brush.
- Allow the oven compartment to soak for 2 hours.
- Start the oven’s cleaning function (see the user manual for more information).
- Run on the cleaning function for 2 hours.
- Once the cleaning function is finished, the oven compartment should be clean. Any leftover burnt-in grime the bottom of the oven can be cleaned using specialist products available through the AEG website (click here to view and purchase online).
- Place the rack at the bottom of the oven and put the shelves on top of it.
- Spray the shelves, rack and bottom of the oven with the oven cleaner.
- Spray the inside of the oven door with the oven cleaner.
- Leave the oven cleaner to take effect for at least 24 hours. The longer the cleaning time, the better the effect.
- Using warm water and a cloth wash the oven door, shelves, rack and bottom of the oven.
- You may need to use a scraper to remove any remaining dirt from the inside of the oven door’s glass panel.
- When cleaning the oven door we recommend detaching it completely so it can be cleaned thoroughly (For more information see the “Door removal” topic or refer to the user manual).
- Clean the oven door glass with a glass cleaner.
To reset the Catalytic cleaning reminder, press the [+] and [-] buttons simultaneously when the message appears.If the problem remains, please use our online service to book a repair visit.
- If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.
If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).