Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Check for specific details on your appliance in the user manual, but the steps below will give you general guidance.
Warning: Always switch off the cookerʼs electrical supply at the mains switch before beginning any cleaning and always make sure that your cooker has completely cooled down before starting any maintenance.
1. Most oven doors have a very similar design of hinge mechanism. If your oven doesnʼt have this style of hinge, refer to your manual for more in-depth instructions on how to remove the door.
2. Open the oven door.
3. Raise and open the latches on the hinges as far as they will go. Leave these latches in the open position until the door has been replaced.
4. Close the door to about 20° (about a 10cm gap between the top of the door and the body of the oven).
5. Lift the door upwards and away from the body of the oven.
Be careful not to drop the door, it may be heavier than you expect and dropping it will probably shatter the glass in the door.
6. Place the door flat on a secure surface out of the way where it wonʼt get damaged.
7. To replace the door, look at the hinges before you pick up the door. On the bottom of the door there should be a notch cut out of the hinge, make sure you take notice of where this is.
8. Pick up the door and put it in position with the hinges in the holes in the body.
9. Rest the notch in the hinges on the body of the front of the cooker.
10. Flip the latches back into position over the hinges.
11. Carefully close the door to ensure everything is back in alignment.
12. Open the door to check the door opens fully without any problems.
13. The door should now close fully.
If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).