My dishwasher wonʼt empty
Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always make sure that you switch off the electricity and water supplies to your dishwasher before you start any maintenance.
If your dishwasher wonʼt empty the water out, check through the general hints in the steps below, but make sure that the wash-cycle has actually properly finished first. Always check for specific details on your appliance in the user manual.
1. Make sure that all the ‘installation’ steps have been properly carried out, including the water supply and particularly drain hose connections.
See the “Connecting your dishwasher to the drain” topic for further information.
2. If you have the dishwasher drainage hose over the side of your your kitchen sink (using the support crook), make sure that the hose is well secured and that the open end of the hose cannot become submerged under water.
3. Check the drainage hose for blockages.
4. Check that the hoses are not trapped or crushed behind or under the dishwasher.
5. Check that the filters are properly in place and not blocked or obstructed.
See the “Cleaning the filter” topic for further information.
If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.