Installation safety requirements
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always check the user manual for details of your specific appliance, but the points below will give you some general guidance. Please retain the manual for future use.
- 1. Make sure that your cooker is installed on a level, sturdy floor. If your floor is uneven, the feet can be adjusted until the appliance is level.
- 2. When the cooker is installed, the mains socket must be within easy reach and the power cable have enough excess to be able to pull the cooker out easily for servicing and cleaning.
Ensure that the mains cable is kept away from any brackets affixed to the rear panel and is not trapped against the rear wall when pushing the cooker into position between cabinets. The power supply cable must only be replaced by an authorised repairer.
- 3. Do not attempt to connect or interfere with the gas supply to your appliance. This must only be undertaken by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- 4. Do not use extensions or multiple sockets (they can be a safety hazard with this type of appliance).
- 5. Adjacent side walls which project above hob level, must not be nearer to the cooker than 150mm and should be protected by heat resistant material. Any overhanging surface or cooker hood should not be nearer than 650mm.Note: This appliance must NOT be fitted on a platform.
- Also see the other topics in the “Installation and Getting Started” section for further information.
If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).