Cleaning the pump filter
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always make sure that you switch off the electric and water supplies to your washer dryer before you start any maintenance.
Keeping the filter clean will help your washer dryer stay in good working order and prevent washing and blocked-drainage problems. The steps below will give you some general guidance, but always check your user manual for any specific recommendations for your appliance.
- 1. Locate your machines pump filter — access is usually on the front of the machine at the bottom left or right. Access is usually via a removable or flip down panel that may run the full width of the machine, or via a square or round door-flap.
- 2. To clean out the filter firstly open or remove the pump filter cover from the bottom of the appliance.
- 3. Place a container or towel below or as close to the pump filter housing as you can, upon opening the pump filter it will release any water still in the machine.Note: Your machine maybe equipped with a drain hose, pull the drain hose out as far as it will go. Remove or open the cap on the end of the hose and empty any trapped water from the machine before opening the pump filter.
- 4. Twist the pump filter anti-clockwise to unlock it from its housing.
- 5. Pull the pump filter out completely.
- 6. Wipe out any dirt and remove any blockages from inside the pump filter housing.Note: Coins, hairgrips and pins can easily be caught in this area.
- 7. Replace the pump filter back in to its housing.Tip: If you wipe a little fabric conditioner or liquid soap around the filters sealing ring it will help keep it water-tight.
- 8. Twist the pump filter clockwise to lock it in to place.
- 9. Replace the filter cover or close the door-flap.
- If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).