The wash cycle wonʼt start
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
If your dishwasher will not start the steps below may help you find where the problem is before deciding that there is a problem with your appliance.
Always check the user manual for details of your specific appliance, but the steps below will give you some general guidance.
Check that you have power switched on to the machine from the mains and that the dishwasherʼs ‘Power’ button on dial is on.
- 2. Check plug and power cable for damage.
- 3. Try another electrical appliance in the socket. This will help you check that the socket is not faulty.
- 4. Check that the dishwasher door is fully closed properly.
Check that the mains water is connected and the tap is properly turned on (the ‘on’ position is normally when the tap handle is pointing at or in-line with the water supply hose).
- 6. Check that the filters are not blocked.For further information, see the “Cleaning the filter” topic.
- 7. Some dishwashers have a ‘Pause’ function, so check that this is not activated
- 8. Some dishwashers also have a ‘reset’ function. Typically this is done by switching off the dishwasher and then switching on again after one minute and resetting the required program, but check the user manual for precise details on your appliance.
- If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.
If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).