My dishwasher tablet isnʼt being dissolved
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
There are a number of reasons for a dishwasher tablet not being properly dissolved. Always check the user manual for details on your specific appliance, but the points below will help give you some general guidance.
- 1. Your dishwasher tablet may not be placed in the correct place. Always put the tablets in the detergent dispenser compartment of your dishwasher (normally inside the door, but always check your user manual).
- 2. Tablets are designed to be used under ‘normal’ conditions. So if you often use short programme times and low temperature washes, the tablet might not dissolve fully, leaving some remains of the tablet behind.
- 3. Depending on the type of tablet and the water-hardness of the area in which you live, the dissolving of the tablet in water may take up to two hours which is longer than the average dishwasher short programme. This can mean that the tablet might not be completely dissolved.The issue may also be due to the tablet being too large for your type of wash programmes, so try using a smaller tablet if you can.
- If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.
If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).