My dishwasher isnʼt cleaning properly
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
A number of things can mean that the dishwasher cannot clean to its maximum efficiency. Always check the user manual for details on your specific appliance, but the steps below will help give you some general guidance.
- 1. Make sure that the baskets are not overloaded and that all items are evenly arranged within both baskets. Check that no larger items are obstructing the spray arms and preventing them from turning.See the “Correct loading of the dishwasher” topic for further information.
- 2. The wash cycle may be too gentle. Make sure that you choose the correct type of wash cycle for the amount you have loaded to the dishwasher and how dirty items are.Also check that the correct amount and type of detergent has been used.
Make sure that the lid on the rinse aid compartment is properly closed.
Ensure that the filters are not blocked-up.For more information, see the “Cleaning the filter” topic.
Make sure that the holes in the spray arms are not blocked.For further information, see the “Cleaning the spray arms” topic.
- 6. The refined salt (dishwasher salt) level may be too low. Check the user manual for salt-filling recommendations.Always make sure that you use salt which is for dishwashers. Ordinary ‘table salt’ is not suitable.
- 7. Make sure that the top basket is properly adjusted for the size of items in the bottom rack.For further information, see the “Adjusting the dishwasher baskets” topic.
- If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.
If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).