Checking for blockages
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always make sure that you switch off the electricity and water supplies to your dishwasher before you start any maintenance.
If your dishwasher seems to be blocked and not draining, look through the steps below for some guidance. Check the user manual for details on your specific appliance and also see the “My dishwasher wonʼt empty” topic.
- 1. Pull out the lower tray to check the dishwasher filters.
- 2. Remove any hard pieces of food debris around the bottom of the machine, as they can block the filters and sometimes cause damage to the pump or scratch dishes.
- 3. Remove the filter and wash out any debris (pay close attention to the filter sensor if your dishwasher has one).For further information, see the “Cleaning the filter” topic.
- 4. Check for blockages in the drain hose that may prevent waste water draining effectively. Also check that the drain hose is not trapped under or behind the dishwasher.Check that your drain hose is correctly installed as incorrect installation may affect drainage. For more information see the “Connecting your dishwasher to the drain” topic.
- If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.
If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).