Water in my washing machine keeps filling and draining
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always make sure that you switch off the electric and water supplies to your washing machine before you start any maintenance.
Problems with your washing machine continually filling with water and draining, or being stuck on a wash cycle, can often be due to issues with the drainage connection.
Always check your user manual for any specific recommendations for your appliance, but also see the ”Connecting your washing machine to the drain“ topic for further information.
- 1. The top of the drain hose may be too low, it must be fitted at a height between 65 and 100 cm from the floor.
- 2. If the drain hose is connected incorrectly to the sink trap, it may allow water to run into the machine. The drain hose must be positioned higher than the bottom of the sink trap to prevent water flowing down the drain hose.
- 3. The end of the drain hose may have been pushed too far down the standpipe, the ‘U’ bracket or hose ‘crook’ should be fitted 100 mm from the end of the drain hose.
- If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.