My washing machine makes a buzzing noise
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always make sure that you switch off the electric and water supplies to your washing machine before you start any maintenance.
The steps below will give you some general guidance, but always check your user manual for any specific recommendations for your appliance.
A buzzing noise heard at the start of the programme may be due to the water supply being off.
- Check that the Water Intake pipe is not kinked behind the machine.
- Check that the mains water tap supplying the washing machine is not turned off (the ‘on’ position is normally when the tap handle is pointing in-line with the water supply hose).
- 2. Another reason your washing machine is making a buzzing sound could be a blockage in the pump filter.
For more information, see the “Cleaning the pump filter” topic.
- Ensure the machine is turned off at the mains.
- Open and check the pump filter housing for blockages.
- If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.