Cleaning the water inlet filters
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always make sure that you switch off the electric and water supplies to your washing machine before you start any maintenance.
If there seems to be no water getting to your washing machine, something may be blocking the inlet filter.
The steps below will give you some general guidance, but always check your user manual for any specific recommendations for your appliance.
- 1. To clean the water inlet pipe filters, locate the inlet filter pipe on the back of your machine. The washing machine will be very heavy, so if it needs to be pulled away from a wall or out of a cupboard, you may need some help to move it.
- 2. Remove the water inlet hose. Do this by turning the water inlet hose nut connecting the hose to the machine anti-clockwise and the removing.
- 3. With a pair of pliers grasp the filter from inside the water inlet connection point and remove.
- 4. Clean out the filters using water and if required an appropriate brush.
- 5. Put the filter back in to the machines water inlet connection point.
- 6. Re-connect the water inlet hose and tighten the hose nut by turning it clockwise.Warning: Only tighten the hose nuts by hand, never use tools when tightening the nuts.
- 7. Once reconnected, turn the mains water back on and check for any water leaks.