What not to tumble dry in your dryer
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
It is important to not put unsuitable items in your tumble dryer. Always check the user manual for details of this for your specific dryer, but the points below will give you some general guidance. Also see the “Laundry care symbols” and “Loading your tumble dryer” topics for further information.
- Articles that contain rubber or rubber-like materials, or plastic film (some pillows, cushions, or PVC rainwear).
- Any other flammable items, or objects that contain flammable substances (such as towels soiled with hairspray).
- Glass fibres (such as certain types of draperies).
- Items that have been Dry Cleaned.
- Items with the ITLC code (“Special clothing items”).
- Large bulky items (unless your user manual advises otherwise) such as pillows, cushions, large bedspreads, sleeping bags and duvets as these expand when drying and would prevent airflow through the dryer.