My dryer switches off after a few minutes of use
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
There may be several features of a dryerʼs normal operation which make it turn off. Always check the user manual for details on your specific dryer, but this guide will give you some general advice.
- 1. Check size of the load, if you are drying a very small load or perhaps one item on its own, it is better to use one of the ‘time’ drying programs (if your appliance has these). The ‘auto sense’ cycles are designed to offer an efficient drying solution for larger loads and the machine may switch off after a few minutes if a light load or just one thing is in the drum on an auto sense type of drying cycle. See the “Loading the tumble dryer” topic for further information
- 2. Some dryers may switch off to protect the appliance if the lint filter, or its housing, is badly blocked. Check the filter found in the door recess and remove any fluff build up, see the “Cleaning the lint filter” topic for further information .
- 3. A blocked condenser or full water-collecting tank may make a condenser dryer stop. Remove the lower cover to reveal the condenser. The water-collecting tank is normally at the top of the dryer and is removed by pulling the unit out of the dryer. See the “Cleaning the condenser…” and “Emptying and cleaning the water reservoir…” topics for further information.
- 4. Remove the condenser by turning the clips and pulling it out. Wash out all of the fluff build up by flushing water through the slots in the condenser under a tap until all of the fluff has been washed out.
- 5. Remove the water-collecting tank and empty it into the sink.Check the water-collecting tank after each load to ensure you can run a full drying cycle without having to stop halfway through to empty the tank.
- 6. Check the valve on the end of the water-collecting tank has not become blocked-up.
- If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.