Maintaining the door seals
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always make sure that you switch off the electric and water supplies to your washing machine before you start any maintenance.
Keeping all the parts of your washing machine clean will help extend its life and maintain efficient washing results.
Check the user manual for your machine for specific details, but the steps below will give you some general guidance.
- 1. A build-up of limescale, fibres and debris can occur on the door and seals of your machine especially if you live in a hard water area. Keeping your door seals clean and well maintained will reduce the chances of leaks or damage to garments.
- 2. Fill a sink with hot soapy water, dampen a cloth and then wipe around the seals of the washing machine door.
- 3. When your washing machine is not in use, leave the door slightly ajar to help keep the door seals fresh.
- If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).