Detergent or conditioner wonʼt flush out
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always make sure that you switch off the electric and water supplies to your washing machine before you start any maintenance.
Keeping the detergent drawer clean and free of old detergent and softener or conditioner will help keep your washing machine in good working order and delivering proper cleaning results.
Note: it is quite normal for a small amount of water or conditioner to remain in the fabric conditioner compartment at the end of each wash cycle.
Refer to the operating manual on how to remove the detergent drawer from your specific washing machine and see the “Cleaning the detergent drawer” topic.
- 1. Check that the feet are level and that the washing machine is not too low at the front as this could prevent the fabric conditioner being rinsed away. For more information, see the “Adjusting the feet” topic.
- 2. Clean out the soap and conditioner sections of the detergent drawer. Soap and conditioner can sometimes build up and block parts of the dispensing mechanism.
- 3. Clean the detergent drawer compartment water outlets. The outlets may get clogged up so it is a good idea to keep them clean. Remove the detergent drawer and look into the compartment, you will see some holes at the top. Spray some kitchen or bathroom cleaner onto the outlet holes and using a cloth clean off any excess soap or mould growth. Using an anti-bacterial spray is very good as it will kill bacteria and prevent future build up. Keeping the holes of the dispenser clean will ensure the soap and fabric conditioner flush away efficiently.
- 4. Remember that some concentrated conditioners need to be diluted before being used, so check the instructions on the bottle.
- If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.
If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).