Cleaning the detergent drawer
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always make sure that you switch off the electric and water supplies to your washing machine before you start any maintenance.
Keeping the detergent drawer clean and free of old detergent and softener will help keep your washing machine in good working order and delivering proper cleaning results.
Always check your user manual for any specific recommendations for your appliance.
- 1. Refer to the operating manual on how to remove the detergent drawer from your specific washing machine.
Clean the powder drawer and soak it for 15 minutes in your sink with hot soapy water.
- 3. Using the water the drawer is soaking in, dampen a cloth and wipe where the detergent drawer fits into the washing machine. This will clear out any of the excess residue.
- 4. Use an old toothbrush to remove any stubborn stains around the detergent drawer. With some machines, you need to remove the Syphon Cap to clean around it properly.
- 5. Rinse the drawer under running water.
- 6. Once the detergent drawer is clean, dry it thoroughly.
Refer to your machines operating manual on how to return the detergent drawer to the machine.
- If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).