Loading to your machines drying capacity
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
It is important to not overload the tumble dryer function of your washer dryer. Always check the user manual for details of the dryer load capacity for your specific appliance, but the steps below will give you some general guidance. Also see the “Laundry care symbols” topic for further information.
When using the dryer cycles be aware that the drying capacity will be half or less the amount of a full washing load. There needs to be room in the drum for the items being dried to move around, so the hot air can get to all surfaces. If the drum is filled to the same capacity as a full washing load, the laundry will not dry correctly or efficiently and the machine may become damaged.
- Separate fabrics before drying — simply drying a mixed load of clothes from your wash cycle and running a dryer cycle might feel like the easiest way to get the laundry done, but itʼs not the most efficient way to dry clothes. To reduce drying times and save energy, separate different fabrics and dry similar clothes together. This ensures the clothes dry evenly.
- Loosen laundry before drying — a tightly bound bundle of wet laundry will take a long time to dry in a dry cycle. However much the machine tumbles the load, some bundled-together clothes will end up dry while some will still be damp. So, when you finish your wash cycle, loosen it. This will help to prevent lengthy drying times, will help clothes dry evenly and help to reduce creasing.
- Donʼt overload your the dry cycle — because of their size, some items will never be suitable for drying in a washer dryer, so always avoid drying extremely large items such as duvets and blankets. Even if you have one of the newer 10kg-drum dryers, there wonʼt be enough space for air to circulate if the appliance is overloaded and this can overheat the dryer.
- Check the care labels — different types of fabrics can withstand different levels of heat, and some shouldnʼt be tumble dried at all.
- If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).