Connecting to the water supply
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Before beginning to connect the water inlet pipe, make sure you have the tap which will supply the washer dryer turned off. If the machine is going to be installed in a location not in your main house (a garage, for example) make sure that the water supply pipework and the inlet hose is protected from possible frost damage.
Always check your user manual for any specific recommendations for your appliance.
- 1. First you will need to find and attach the water inlet hose, this can often be found inside the drum along with any instruction manuals when the machine is delivered.
- 2. Locate the water inlet connection, this will usually be on the back of the machine.
- 3. Connect one end of the water inlet hose to the machine and tighten the nut by turning it clockwise. The water inlet hose usually has two different shaped ends to the pipe, connect the right angled end of the hose to the water inlet connection.Note: Make sure that the rubber sealing washer is in place inside the hose nut and only tighten the hose nut by hand, never use tools when tightening the nut as you can damage it.
- 4. Connect and tighten the nut of the other end of the water inlet hose to the cold mains water supply by turning clockwise. The cold water supply is usually indicated by a blue tap. Make sure that the hose has no sharp bends or kinks in it.Note: Make sure that the rubber sealing washer is in place inside the hose nut and only tighten the hose nut by hand, never use tools when tightening the nut as you can damage it.
- 5. Once both ends of the hose are connected and tightened, open the tap on the supply pipe and check for any water leaks.
Note: Check the inlet hose at least once a year. If there are any cracks, it should be replaced immediately.
- If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).