There is no power to my dryer
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
If your appliance has lost power and you know that there is not a general ‘power cut’, the steps below may help you find where the issue is before deciding that there is a problem with your appliance.
Always check the user manual for details of your specific appliance, but the steps below will give you some general guidance.
- 1. Confirm that there are no lights on the dryer, including the display screen or buttons.
- 2. Check that the power, start or on/off button is switched on and the door has been firmly closed.
- 3. Check that you have power switched on to the machine from the mains.
- 4. Check the plug and lead for any damage.
- 5. Try another electrical appliance in the socket to check that it works.This will help you find out if the problem is with the socket or somewhere else.
- 6. If your dryerʼs power is controlled by the program dial knob (so that the dryer switches on when selecting a drying cycle), try selecting a cycle.
- 7. Take a fuse (of the same rating: 13A) from something else that is working (for example a kettle or toaster). Insert this fuse into the plug and try again.
- If the above actions haven’t rectified your issue or you don’t feel confident to undertake them please go to our on-line repair booking page to arrange an engineer visit — https://www.domesticandgeneral.com/repairs.
If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).