Emptying and cleaning the water reservoir (condenser dryers)
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always make sure that you switch off the electricity supply to your dryer before you start any maintenance.
Always check the user manual for details of this for your specific dryer, but the steps below will give you some general guidance.
If your condenser dryer is not plumbed into a waste water pipe (see the “Drainage…” topic), you will need to empty the water-collecting tank after each drying cycle and also keep the tank clean.
- 1. The water taken from the clothes as they are dried collects in the water tank. This is normally accessed from the front of the dryer behind the bottom kick-plate, but check for precise details in the user manual for your appliance. Remove the tank by pulling it out of the dryer.
- 2. Empty the water tank into the sink.
- 3. Also check the valve on the end of the reservoir has not become blocked up and is free from any dust, fluff or lint debris. Then slide the tank back into the dryer, ready for the next load to be dried.
- If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).