Cleaning the vent hose and draught flap
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always make sure that you switch off the electricity supply to your dryer before you start any maintenance.
It’s a good idea to clean the back of the machine periodically, as a build-up of dust, fluff or other debris in this area can affect the dryer’s efficiency.
Always check the user manual for details of this for your specific dryer, but the steps below will give you some general guidance.
- 1. When the dryer is cool, unplug it and disconnect the vent hose.
- 2. Then remove the back-panel vent pipe connection (this may need to be unscrewed).
- 3. Vacuum around the blower and vent pipe connection.
- 4. Reattach the back panel and vent pipe and reconnect the dryer.
- 5. Itʼs also a good idea to clean the draught flaps to ensure a clear out-flow of the warm damp air.
- If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).