Cleaning inside your tumble dryer
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Keeping your tumble dryer clean and free from any build up of fluff or debris will ensure it continues to run efficiently.
Always check the user manual for details on your specific dryer, but the steps below will give you some general guidance.
- 1. If your tumble dryer has a sensor, you’ll need to wipe the drum every few months with white vinegar or stainless-steel cleaner to keep the sensor working well (check the user manual for details of this for your appliance).
- 2. If you have a condenser dryer you need to regularly remove and clean the condenser unit (which turns the steam back into water) by running it under a tap. This will help to wash away any built-up dirt and debris. See the “Cleaning the condenser…” topic for further information.
- 3. To keep your tumble dryer running at peak efficiency, you should clean the lint filter every time you use the dryer. See the “Cleaning the lint filter” topic for further information.
- Always make sure your tumble dryer has cooled down before removing the lint filter.
- Clean any dirt, fluff and dust off the filter (this should be done every time the dryer is used).
- Regularly check the lint filter for damage as it can easily be replaced.
- The area around the lint filter will accommodate dust over time; every six months use a vacuum cleaner to clean this area.
- 4. If you have a condenser dryer, you should clean the water-collecting tank after each load to ensure you can run a drying cycle with a full load without having to stop halfway through to empty the tank (unless you have your condenser dryer plumbed in to a waste water pipe). Also check the valve on the end of the reservoir has not become blocked up (an example is shown, but check the user manual for details of your specific dryer). Also see the “Emptying and cleaning…” topic for further information.
- If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).