Changing the interior light bulb
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
Always make sure that you switch off the electric supply to your ‘fridge freezer before you start any maintenance.
The interior light of your appliance should be very reliable as it probably gets less use than other bulbs in your home, but there may be times when it needs to be replaced.
Always check the user manual for your specific appliance as there are several types of bulb fittings and housings. Try to plan ahead and have the correct replacement bulb ‘in stock’ so that you can be ready if the light fails. It may help to take the bulb from your appliance into the shop so that you can be sure of getting the correct type.
Also check the “The interior light does not come on” topic if your interior light is not working.
Make sure that you have switched off the power to your fridge freezer.
Make sure that you check for specific details in your user manual, but the likely procedure will be similar to the steps below:
- If your appliance has one, remove the cover over the light bulb and unscrew or pull out the old bulb. Take care with the cover as the cold can make them brittle.
- Screw the new bulb in to place (or push it in if the bulb is of the push-fit type), making sure that it is fully inserted to its housing. Take care to not over-tighten a screw-in bulb.
- Replace the cover over the light bulb. Again take care not to damage the cover, especially any plastic locating-clips. The cover helps to protect the bulb and also spreads the light throughout the appliance, so always remember to have it properly in place if your appliance has one.
- 3. Switch the power back on and make sure the light works.
- If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).