Adjusting your dishwasher baskets
- Please make sure you follow these instructions fully. If you have any problems with carrying out this maintenance, please contact us.
With most models of dishwasher it is possible to adjust the height of the dishwasher top rack or basket. This allows you to accommodate larger sized plates and dishes in the bottom rack. Some examples are shown here, but check the user manual for your dishwasher to check how this works on your own appliance.
- 1. To make it easier to arrange large crockery inside your dishwasher, adjust the height of the upper rack.WARNING: Only ever adjust the height of the Upper Rack when the dishwasher is empty.
- 2. Slide out the upper rack.
- 3. Locate the adjuster handle, this is usually on one or both sides of the top rack. To operate the adjuster handle, push or lift the handle.
- 4. Whilst holding the adjuster handle in, adjust the upper rack up to the desired position using both hands on either side of the upper rack, this will help ensure that the upper rack remains level after adjustment.
- 5. When in the correct position the adjuster handle will latch back into a locked position and the Upper Rack will now be securely adjusted to the desired height. You can then release the adjuster handle.
- 6. Your dishwasher may use a different method for adjusting the upper rack; some models have two sets of wheels that fit in the runners used to slide the upper rack out of the dishwasher.
- 7. Remove the stoppers from the end of the runner on each side of the upper rack and slide the the upper rack away from the runners. Re-fit the upper rack on to the runners using the other set of wheels to adjust the height.Using the lower set of wheels will raise the height of the upper rack. Using the upper set of wheel will lower the height of the upper rack.
- If you have misplaced or lost your user manual, you can download a replacement manual (please have your model number to hand).